Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farewell, Tita Cory!



Right at this moment, while doing this, I am watching the live telecast of Tita Cory's Funeral.

I have had my shares of tears since last weekend, feeling the grief of her family, having to lose their mom, as if I lost my own once again, as I have lost my mama baby (my biological mom) when I was eleven days old. I was as well feeling a great loss of someone so valuable to our country. We have lost a great woman, a very fine lady, our country's light - "ilaw ng sambayanan" - who has sacrificed a lot to give the Philippines this big amount of freedom and democracy that we are experiencing right now. We owe her BIG TIME.

Kris Aquino said, according to her mom, there is a reason for everything that is happening. I know I am one of the millions who have realized through her passing that there is still hope for our country, especially for our politics. Tita Cory, as mentioned by almost everybody is our country's symbol of unity and peace.

Tita Cory, I am sorry that this had to happen before I take my "being Filipino" seriously. I really never cared before. And now, as a Filipino, as my expression of gratitude to you, I promise to be a voter and to vote wisely. I will, together with my family will do our very best to live inspired by your legacy and integrity.

Thank you, Tita Cory. I am only a small voice out of the millions who are saying thanks to you but I know you can hear me. I know you are in heaven now with our Savior and Ninoy and I am happy that you are now pain-free and stress-free.

I hope when my time comes, I will also go to heaven so I can meet you... as well as my mama baby.

You may be gone physically but your spirit, love and Cory Magic will live on in the heart of hearts of your Filipino people as well as the world.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment